Welcome to Orange Cameroon
The telecommunications service operator Orange has been doing business in Cameroon since 1999. After 16 years in operation, 577 employees, 99% of whom are Cameroon nationals, and nearly 600 billion [CFA francs] invested, Orange Cameroon is proud of its numerous achievements.
- The best 3G coverage in the country, provided by more than 70% of our sites.
- Active and continuous deployment of 4G coverage.
- Best HR policy practices, as evidenced by our certification as Top Employer Cameroon 2016 and, recently, as Top Employer Cameroon 2017, Africa 2017 and Global 2017.
- Assumption of leadership in mobile banking thanks to the Orange Money solution, which has made Orange Cameroon a key financial inclusion player in a country where the percentage of those using bank services is considered to be low.
- Leadership in the development of solutions tailored to the needs of local and international businesses, professional customers, SMEs, and SOHOs.
- Commitment to accelerating the digital transformation of Cameroon’s economy and society, which is in particular evident in our support of innovative projects via programs like Orange Fab, Challenge Innovation, the Social Entrepreneur Prize, and by providing APIs to developers amongst others.
- Commitment to the fight against the digital divide and the empowerment of women, in particular via deployment of “Digital homes” where women and girls are trained on digital technologies. Commitment additionally to the activities of the Orange Cameroon Foundation, which was created in 2009.
- Commitment to the promotion of local soccer as a major sponsor of national soccer teams and via grass roots support programs for young soccer players. An example is the “Orange Soccer” program through which Orange has sponsored soccer championships during the vacation season throughout the country for 15 years.
- The “Orange Communities” program that supports numerous cultural initiatives to revive the languages and traditions of our diverse cultural groups. Orange Cameroon provides essential support to festivals such as NGONDO, NGUON, the “Fête du Coq, MEDUMBA and MPOO, to name just a few.
- A commitment to always set an example in the areas of ethical behavior, the fight against corruption and compliance with standards for responsible and transparent governance.